3 November 2017
This Privacy Notice describes how Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. and its subsidiary and affiliated entities, (collectively “WBA”,” “our,” “us” or “we”), collect, use and share information about you (“Information”) on WalgreensBootsAlliance.com and what privacy choices we offer you when you use this website, email notifications, social media and other online services offered through this site (the “Services”).
Information Collection and Use
| Information we collect
|| We collect Information you provide us when you make an inquiry or a request or otherwise use the Services. We automatically collect Information about how you use the Services and your preferences.
| How we use your information
|| We use your Information to provide you the Services you have requested, improve our Services, and track your preferences.
| How we share your information
|| We may share your Information with our subsidiaries, affiliates and service providers, as may be reasonably necessary or desirable for WBA’s business operations, and such recipients are required to treat your Information in a manner consistent with this Privacy Notice, as required or appropriate under applicable law.
| Your choices
|| We provide you choices with respect to how we use and share your Information.
Through your use of the Services we may collect Information from you, including:
- Contact Information: Your name, e-mail, phone number, company or organization, and phone number.
- Registration Information: Your username and password.
- Analytical Information: Pages viewed, referring web page, e-mails from us that you opened, browser type, operating system, IP address, and device information.
- Non-personal Information: Information that does not identify you by name or individually, such as aggregated data, and/or anonymous or de-identified information (“Non-Personal Information”).
- Public Information: We may also collect publicly available information about you from third-party sources, such as the postal service for shipping address verification.
We use your
nformation for the following purposes:
- Providing Services: We use your Contact Information to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests.
- Site Registration: We use your Registration Information when you create an account through any of our Services.
- Analytics: When you use the Services, we automatically collect and use Analytical Information in order for us to continually improve your experience with our Services and to tailor our communications to you.
- WBA Notifications: We use your Contact Information to provide you with WBA news and updates that you have signed up to receive. You can unsubscribe from these notifications at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions included in our e-mails to you.
We may also use your Information in other ways that are consistent with the above-described purposes and to otherwise administer the Services.
We use “cookies,” a small text file transferred to your device, along with similar technologies (e.g., internet tag technologies, web beacons and embedded scripts) to help provide you a better, more personalized user experience. These technologies are used to:
- Make the user experience more efficient and remember your preferences by, for example, saving your or remembering your account login information.
- Help us understand and improve how visitors use our Services, including which of our pages and products are viewed most frequently.
The Options/Settings section of most internet browsers will tell you how to manage the cookies and other technologies that may be transferred to your device, including how to disable these technologies. You can disable our cookies or all cookies through your browser settings, but please note that disabling cookies may impact some of our website’s features and prevent the website from operating properly.
We also allow third parties to place cookies on your device through the Services to:
- Help us understand and improve how visitors use our Services, including which of our pages and e-mails are viewed most frequently. We partner with Google Analytics for this purpose. To opt-out of tracking by Google Analytics, please download and install the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on by visiting: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Allow you to engage in social media features (e.g., clicking the Facebook “Like” button on our website). These social media features are controlled by the relevant social media platform, such as Facebook or Twitter, and your settings on those platforms.
Some web browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” feature that signals to websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. Given that there is not a uniform way that browsers communicate the “Do Not Track” signal, our website does not currently interpret, respond to or alter its practices when it receives “Do Not Track” signals.
Information Shared with Third Parties
We only share your Information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of WBA as described below:
- Affiliates. We may share your Information with WBA’s subsidiaries, affiliates and divisions in the US and worldwide in the normal course of business. By accessing our websites, registering for an account or service with us, or otherwise providing us with your Information, you consent to this transfer of your Information throughout the global WBA family of companies.
- Service Providers. We may share your Information with affiliated and unaffiliated companies that perform tasks on our behalf related to our business. Such tasks include analyzing site usage data, customer service, electronic and postal mail service, and social and other media services. Third-party service providers only receive your Information as necessary to perform their role, and we instruct them not to use your Information for any other purposes.
- As Required or Appropriate by Law. We will use and disclose your Information as necessary or appropriate:
- under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence, to comply with legal process, and to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence;
- to enforce our terms and conditions, including investigations of potential violations thereof;
- to detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues;
- to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates;
- to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and
- to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- Business Transfers. As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy brands, stores, subsidiaries, or business units. We may share your Information with a third party in such transactions (in the event of including but not limited to, any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, brands, affiliates, subsidiaries or other assets), subject to any appropriate confidentiality restrictions. Where Information is one of the transferred business assets, it will remain subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice.
- Based on Your Consent. We may share or disclose your Information at your direction.
We may share Non-Personal Information and Public Information publicly and with our partners – such as publishers, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our Services.
Links to Third-Party Sites
Accessing the Services from Outside the United States
Information collected through the Services is stored on servers in the United States. By using any of our Services, you consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of your information as described in this Privacy Notice, including to the transfer of your information to WBA in the United States and other countries where WBA and its affiliates and subsidiaries operate. You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us. Prior uses and disclosures will not be affected (unless required by applicable law), and we may otherwise continue to process Information as permitted or required by law.
If you have created an online account with us and would like to update the information you have provided to us, you can access your account on the site to view and make changes or corrections to your information. If you do not want to receive WBA Notifications, please use the unsubscribe method provided in our e-mails.
We will store your Information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice, unless a longer period is required or allowed by law. We maintain commercially reasonable safeguards to help protect your Information, including assuring that service providers who access or handle Information on our behalf maintain such safeguards. However, no method of Internet transmission or electronic storage is 100% secure or error-free, so we cannot guarantee absolute security. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your devices. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, please contact us by:
Walgreen Co. Privacy Office
200 Wilmot Rd, MS 9000
Deerfield, IL 60015
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time. Please check the “Effective Date” at the top of this page to see when this Privacy Notice was last revised. Unless otherwise noted, any changes we make to this Privacy Notice will become effective immediately once posted on this page. Your continued use of the Services following any changes to this Privacy Notice indicates your consent to the practices described in the revised Privacy Notice. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account.