As a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy, we touch millions of lives every day by dispensing and distributing medicines, and through our convenient retail locations, digital platforms and health and beauty products.
Walgreens Boots Alliance (Nasdaq: WBA) is a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy, touching millions of lives every day through dispensing and distributing medicines, its convenient retail locations, digital platforms and health and beauty products. The company has more than 170 years of trusted healthcare heritage and innovation in community pharmacy and pharmaceutical wholesaling.
WBA is one of the world’s largest purchasers of prescription drugs and many other health and well-being products. The company’s size, scale and expertise will help position us to expand the supply of, and address the rising cost of, prescription drugs in the U.S. and worldwide.
The company’s portfolio of retail and business brands includes Walgreens, Duane Reade, Boots and Alliance Healthcare, as well as increasingly global health and beauty product brands, such as No7, Soap & Glory, Liz Earle, Botanics, Sleek MakeUP and YourGoodSkin.
The Company is included in FORTUNE's 2020 list of the World’s Most Admired Companies. This is the 27th consecutive year that WBA or its predecessor company, Walgreen Co., has been named to the list.
WBA’s purpose is to help people across the world lead healthier and happier lives. The company is proud to be a force for good through its contributions to healthy communities, a healthy planet, an inclusive workplace and a sustainable marketplace. Our businesses have been recognized for their Corporate Social Responsibility. Walgreens was named to FORTUNE*** magazine’s 2019 Companies that Change the World list and Boots UK was recognized as Responsible Business of the Year 2019-2020 by Business in the Community.
- Present in more than 25* countries
- Employs more than 440,000* people
- Has more than 18,750* stores in 11* countries
- Has one of the largest global pharmaceutical wholesale and distribution networks, with more than 400* distribution centers delivering to more than 240,000** pharmacies, doctors, health centers and hospitals each year in more than 20* countries
* As of August 31, 2019, using publicly available information for AmerisourceBergen.
** For 12 months ended August 31, 2019, using publicly available information for AmerisourceBergen.
*** © 2019, Fortune Media IP Limited. Used under license.
- Propelling our company and the industry forward takes passion and expertise. Meet the people leading the way.
- See what we've accomplished during our 170+ years of service.
- Explore the map to see the global reach of our owned businesses, equity method investments and branded products and franchises.