Celebrate the launch of our 2020 CSR Report on February 10, 2021
To celebrate the launch of our 2020 CSR Report we are delighted to invite you to our sponsored virtual event with Bloomberg Media Brand Experiences.
For the first time in a lifetime, we are seeing the coming together of people, communities and countries united in the fight against a major global health crisis. The pandemic has heightened the collective desire to do more for each other, for our environment and the greater good. In 2020, our colleagues who work behind a pharmacy counter, in our warehouses, and who drive our vehicles were on the frontline of the pandemic. They provided the necessary advice, support and access to products and services that enabled communities to withstand the most deadly public health crisis of the century.
This virtual event will celebrate the launch of our Corporate Social Responsibility Report ‘At the Heart of Health.’ It will introduce Pharmacy and Health experts who will share their learnings from the pandemic and feature discussions with Sustainability and Diversity, Equity & Inclusion experts on how to make health systems more equitable and resilient for our collective future.
Walgreens Boots Alliance touches millions of lives around the world every day, through the medicines we dispense and distribute, our convenient retail stores, and our health and beauty products. We deliver healthcare and support communities through both our day-to-day operations and our business values. These essential roles continue to shape our approach to corporate responsibility and sustainability, which is central to fulfilling our purpose of helping people lead healthier and happier lives.
See how we engage with local communities to improve societal health and well-being.
We engage with local communities to improve societal health and well-being through:
- Programs and campaigns to improve access to affordable, quality healthcare and awareness about critical health issues
- Efforts to help combat opioid abuse and prevent overdose-related deaths
- Partnerships, particularly aiming to help support people living with cancer at every moment of their journey, and enable young people across the world to achieve their potential
Learn how we're protecting the planet through programs in our operations and by engaging our suppliers on environmental issues.
We are determined to protect the planet through programs in our operations and by engaging suppliers on environmental issues. We are committed to:
- Reduce energy consumption and emissions
- Reduce waste, increasing re-use and recycling and collaborating to help create an increasingly circular economy
- Reduce the negative impacts of plastics in our owned brand products
Discover how we've committed to doing business fairly and with integrity.
We aim to do business fairly and with integrity and are taking actions to:
- Provide a platform of transparency into our owned-brand products, including ingredient and material level information, and ensuring product safety
- Continue to improve traceability of ingredients and materials of our owned-brand products to reduce their environmental impact and protect healthy ecosystems and reduce climate change impact
- Continue to drive responsible sourcing practices throughout our supply chain, protecting human rights and engaging with suppliers around ethical and environmental issues
See how we work to treat our people with dignity and respect every single day.
We strive to treat our people with dignity and respect. We are working to:
- Proactively support the personal health and well-being of our employees
- Deliver on our commitment to offer equal opportunities and foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture for all through strong employment, pay and recruitment practices, policies and procedures
- Continue to improve our robust approach to health, safety and data privacy, actively caring for our employees and customers
Collaboration is central to our CSR goals, because we believe we cannot make meaningful change on our own. WBA participates in a number of nongovernmental and advocacy organizations, industry associations and networks, including:
Vitamin Angels, Red Nose Day, WE Charity, United Nations Foundation, Macmillan Cancer Support, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, Susan G. Komen, European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer, BBC Children in Need, Global Shea Alliance, The Consumer Goods Forum
WBA is proud to belong to the United Nations Global Compact Initiative, a voluntary leadership platform for the development, implementation and disclosure of responsible business practices. The UN Global Compact (UNGC) is a call to companies everywhere to align their operations and strategies with ten universally accepted principles in the areas of human rights, labor, environment and anti-corruption, and to take action in support of UN goals and issues embodied in the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Joining the UNGC underscores WBA’s long-term commitment to contribute to the SDGs – 17 goals agreed upon by all United Nations member states – to promote peace and prosperity for people and the planet. While our corporate and social responsibility activities are aligned with the SDGs, we are particularly focused on SDG 3, Good Health and Well-being, as reflected throughout our 2019 CSR Report.
- We deliver healthcare and support communities through both our day-to-day operations and our business values. These essential roles continue to shape our approach to sustainability, which is central...
- View past versions of the Walgreens Boots Alliance Corporate Social Responsibility Report.