Walgreens Boots Alliance is committed to promoting sustainable business practices across the industry.
We aim to do business fairly and with integrity and are taking actions to:
- Provide a platform of transparency into our owned-brand products, including ingredient and material level information, and ensuring product safety
- Continue to improve traceability of ingredients and materials of our owned-brand products to reduce their environmental impact and protect healthy ecosystems
- Continue to drive responsible sourcing practices throughout our supply chain, protecting human rights and engaging with suppliers around ethical and environmental issues
WBA is a member of the Global Shea Alliance (GSA), a nonprofit industry association with members from 35 countries that promotes corporate sustainability within the shea industry.
Liz Earle, a WBA-owned beauty brand that is passionate about naturally active ingredients and has pioneered cruelty-free skincare, will be supporting and working with the GSA in its endeavors to support women in shea. Liz Earle uses shea butter widely in its products, and working with the GSA allows us to give back to communities that harvest shea fruits.
In partnership with the GSA and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Sustainable Shea Initiative, Liz Earle is embarking on an initiative aimed at helping 800 shea pickers in the North Gonja District, Ghana. These efforts are meant to help shea pickers work more efficiently and generate more income through business, health and safety trainings, as well as to build a warehouse to facilitate access to storage, with a goal of helping women in the region withstand economic, social and climatic changes.
- Walgreens Boots Alliance strives to be a responsible neighbor in local communities and to have an impact on global health through large-scale, long-term initiatives.
- Due to energy consumption and waste generation by our stores, distribution centers, employees and fleets, Walgreens Boots Alliance has a significant impact on the environment.
- Our valued employees are one of our greatest assets and without them it would not be possible to pursue our purpose of helping people around the world lead healthier and happier lives.