- Six established and loved brands, supported by 2,900 team members, including 1,600 beauty advisors, with stores in 16 markets globally.
- Focused on developing rigorously tested products at affordable prices to meet the individual beauty needs of everyone, with commitment to key sustainability goals.
- World-class insight on global consumer shopping trends, leveraging WBA assets to drive new levels of digital marketing effectiveness.
- Company releases its first ever ‘Beautifully Informed’ report on beauty industry trends today, featuring insights from over 20,000 people globally.
New York and London, April 19, 2021 – Today marks the launch of No7 Beauty Company, a consumer-led beauty business creating beauty brands for every skin type, ethnicity, age and texture that everyone can trust. No7 Beauty Company launches with a stand-out portfolio of brands including No7, Liz Earle Beauty Co., Botanics, Soap & Glory, Sleek MakeUP and YourGoodSkin.
Operating at the pace of a modern digital business, No7 Beauty Company will place its leading insights into consumer shopping behaviors at the heart of its strategy, developing products through sustainable sourcing practices and world-class innovation. The company’s position as part of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (WBA), a global leader in health and beauty products, will provide access to over 100 million loyalty members worldwide which will drive and optimize digital marketing and increasingly personalized solutions.
No7 Beauty Company will be positioned to develop omnichannel offerings with WBA retailers and other new and existing retail partners around the world through a direct-to-consumer model, .com sites, mobile apps and more, to provide consumers with differentiated products and shopping experiences.
Through its unique partnerships with major universities in the UK and US, the No7 Beauty Company is committed to developing rigorously tested products that best meet customer needs. Among major achievements developed in its own laboratories is No7 Protect & Perfect, a clinically tested product proven to reduce the signs of aging which changed the beauty industry landscape following the BBC Horizon feature in 2007. Additionally, its Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish has been presented with over 130 awards worldwide for its efficacy.
Today, No7 Beauty Company also pledges to put sustainability at the heart of how it does business, guided by a bold roadmap that will focus on achieving the following three overarching goals by 2030:
- Putting the planet and its communities at the heart of how it does business, by helping and inspiring its customers to live more sustainably. 50 percent of global sales to come from healthier, more sustainable products and services.
- No7 Beauty Company will halve the overall impact of new products its place on the market, compared to 2019, by cutting emissions in line with climate science, having a net positive impact on nature, reducing single-use plastic and putting circular thinking at the core of its business model.
- No7 Beauty Company will at least double the value it creates for society, compared to 2019, directly benefitting at least 500,000 people, by working in partnership with others. In doing so, it aspires to be the most inclusive beauty company in the world as well as strengthening its long-standing commitment to be a fair partner to its suppliers and respecting human rights.
To mark its launch, No7 Beauty Company has released the first ever ‘Beautifully Informed’ report, which unearths beauty insights, focusing on:
- The evolving role that beauty and beauty brands play and why beauty matters
- Today’s beauty consumer and their shopping behaviors
- Tomorrow’s trends and drivers predicted to shape the industry
Among other findings from the 20,000 people surveyed, the report reveals that 87 percent of beauty consumers feel more confident if they look good, while 75 percent of women agree that beauty and personal care products have a positive impact on their mental wellbeing. This underscores the role that beauty brands play in enhancing self-esteem, improving mental health, supporting inclusivity and reframing conversations around beauty.
Over the last 86 years, empowering people to have a positive impact on the world around them has been a driver of No7 Beauty Company brands. Notable initiatives include: the No7 ‘Unstoppable Together’ campaign, including collaboration with organizations such as Institute for Women’s Policy Research, AllBright, British Beauty Council and The Female Lead; the creation of the company’s Racial Equity Movement, promoting anti-racist cultures across No7 Beauty Company; tackling hygiene poverty through Soap & Glory’s The Better Bathtime Initiative in partnership with The Hygiene Bank; and commitments to a cruelty-free beauty industry and being a voice against animal testing.
Annie Murphy, senior vice president, global chief commercial brands officer and international retail, who will oversee the new organization, commented, “Walgreens Boots Alliance is committed to helping people to live happier, healthier lives. The launch of No7 Beauty Company, a new consumer packaged goods business within WBA, allows us to reinvent how we manage and drive further growth for our beauty portfolio. It is all about maximizing everything we are part of as WBA. No7 Beauty Company will use the combined strengths of our world-leading brands, our dynamic supply chain, and our unrivalled track record for product innovation.”
“We listen to our consumers and use our incredible expertise in science and our beauty heritage to make affordable products that they can trust, experience and enjoy on their own terms. For us, this is all about creating the best in beauty for everyone.”
Mark Winter, managing director, No7 Beauty Company added, “The launch of No7 Beauty Company will enable us to make our beloved and trusted brands accessible to even more customers round the world, as a force for good, underpinned by best-in-class global sourcing and accelerated levels of innovation.
“With our new identity, we are better placed than ever to create new relationships with retail partners and unite our 2,900 team members including 1,600 beauty advisors, helping us to align our strategy across all of our brand teams in every geography.”
Further information can be found at the No7 Beauty Company website: www.No7Company.com.
Notes to Editors:
About No7 Beauty Company
No7 Beauty Company, part of Walgreens Boots Alliance, is a new and dynamic consumer-led beauty business launched in April 2021 which holds iconic international beauty brands. For 86 years, since No7 launched in 1935, its ambition has been to support and empower people across the world through premium but affordable skincare. Alongside No7, the Company is home to Liz Earle Beauty Co., Soap & Glory, Botanics, YourGoodSkin, and Sleek MakeUP. Some of its hero products include Liz Earle’s multi-award-winning Cleanse and Polish, No7 Protect & Perfect, and No7 Advanced Retinol 1.5% Night Concentrate Complex, which is the fastest selling single product on Boots.com.
- UK’s No1 Skincare Brand
- No1 Retinol sold in Boots
- No7’s renowned serums are available in over 16,000 stores across the US
Liz Earle Beauty Co.:
- One bottle of Cleanse & Polish sold every 16 seconds
- Cleanse & Polish has been presented with over 130 awards - and counting
- In 2020-21 Liz Earle Beauty Co. reduced the amount of virgin plastics in their Daily Essentials range by 60%, that’s a reduction of 75 tonnes annually
Soap & Glory:
- Launched in 2006 in the UK
- Affordable make-up, skincare, bath and body products
- Now available in over 20 countries
- Launched in 1995 in the UK
- Affordable plant-based beauty products
- Launched in 2017
- Skincare products focused on natural balance
- Sold exclusively through Boots and Walgreens
- Launched in East London in 1985
- Highly pigmented products for all skin tones
- Sleek MakeUP has partnered with three Changing Faces campaigners, as part of the Pledge To Be Seen movement
No7 Beauty Company pledges to put sustainability at the heart of how it does business guided by a bold roadmap through to 2030 that includes: 50% of its global sales coming from healthier, more sustainable products and services; halving the overall impact of new products its place on the market, compared to 2019; at least doubling the value it creates for society, compared to 2019. Its overarching goals are underpinned by several supporting milestones and targets to further guide it through to 2030. More information is available on request.
No7 Beauty Company currently sells its products in more than 20,000 retail outlets across 16 markets, having launched in the US in 2015 and Asia in 2018. Globally, it employs 2,900 team members including a community of 1,600 beauty advisors located in Deerfield, New York and Chicago, USA; Nottingham, London and Isle of Wight, UK; and Hong Kong.
+44 (0)7385 026628
+44 (0)7557 228451